Volume 5, Number 1 January/February 2009 MICA (P) 074/10/2008
"AAP celebrates its 5th year in publication with a fresh new cover for 2009! And that's not all - readers can look forward to technological advances, breaking news and trends impacting the industry.We wish one and all the very best for 2009!"
- Keeping to the circle of control
In Thailand, Chaiwat Tientongkam looks at what the market demands. By Zuridah Merican
- Focus on Aquafeeds in Asia
Industry squeezed and high feed costs to remain
Producers reach to out to famers for understanding of costs.
- Insight into the aqua feed business in China
Low margins, lack of know-how and feed safety issues. By Ming Hsun Wu
- 14th DSM Aquaculture Conference Asia Pacific
A look at the global commodity market, fish meal/oil situation to improving cost effectiveness of feeds.
- Key drivers for the fishmeal and fish oil markets in 2008 by Jean Francois Mittaine
- A feed is only as good as its ingredients by Brett Glencross
- Health and nutrition development in rearing marine fish larvae
Enhancing growth with rotifers and artemia by John S Clark and Arjen Roem
- Marine shrimp in Asia
Production trends and future opportunities.
- Fighting the muddy off-flavour in the tilapia
In the Philippines, probiotics works to mitigate this. By Denny Chavez, Teofilo Rivera, Jaime Quinto, David Moriarty and Olivier Decamp
- The pangasius market in Spain
Evolution of the market and common marketing practices. By José Ferní¡ndez Polanco and Ladislao Luna
- Profile of companies and events at VIV Asia 2009, 11-13 March 2009, Bangkok, Thailand
- Seeding the abalone in the Visayas
Rey A. Acap is starting this emerging industry in the Philippines
- From the pharaohs to the future
Eric Roderick reports on activities at ISTA8 held in Cairo in October 2008
- Aquafair Malaysia 2008
More players in an attractive aquarium fish market
- Novus opens new R&D centre in Vietnam
- Bentoli Asia, Alltech, Akva Group
- Forthcoming events