Volume 15, Number 1 January/February 2019 MCI (P) 008/10/2018 ISBN 1793-056
From the editor
- The year ahead-Expect headwinds and more disruption
- Green field feed plant /AIC in 2019/Acquisition of shrimp farm
- Post EMS in Sinaloa, a shrimp farm moves forward
Recovering production and gaining market access in Mexico. By Zuridah Merican
- Self-regulation in Mexico’s shrimp farming industry
Working together is critical to reinstate production.
- Home grown broodstock in Asia
A new vannamei shrimp brood stock centre is strategically set up in Singapore.
- A think tank for tomorrow’s protein
The entire aquaculture value chain will have to rethink on the best and sustainable protein sources, says OddGeir Oddsen
- Haematococcus astaxanthin: Is it time to rethink astaxanthin use in white shrimp feeds?
By Martin Guerin
- A focus on shrimp hydrolysate
A source of functional peptides to improve the performance of farmed fish and shrimp. By Fabio Soller, Mikael Herault and Vincent Fournier
- Fumonisins in aquaculture: Occurrence, impact and counteraction
Negative effects and the synergistic effects of the combination of fumonisins and aflatoxins. By Rui A. Goní§alves and Michele Muccio
- Spray-dried plasma protein in shrimp diets
Growth and survival of shrimp were not affected by feed processing temperatures. By Eric De Muylder, Lourens Heres and Carine van Vuure
- Science in the aquaculture economy
How can aquaculture benefit from progress in science?
- Driving sustainability and innovation in aquaculture
DSM tackles challenging issues from marketing to feed processing.
- Marine shrimp in Asia: Disruption with lower prices in 2018
This was since April 2018. By Zuridah Merican
- Using brine to deep freeze shrimp
Part 1: The science of freezing shrimp with brine. By Herve Lucien-Brun
- Innovations from Taiwan
IOT and green technology at TIFSS 2018. By Yvonne T Nathan
- VIV Asia 2019 starts the sign-up