Volume 7, Number 4 July/August 2011 MICA (P) 008/10/2010 ISBN 1793-0561
- From the editor
- Landmark report on aquaculture / Tilapia genome sequenced / Four-Star company in BAP program
- News in brief
- Industry comments on disease outbreaks lowering shrimp supply
Widespread infections and inclement weather have reduced supply of both vannamei and monodon in the first half of 2011.
- Managing shrimp culture with climate change
Soraphat Panakorn explains the effects on pond culture and proposes remedial measures for a successful crop.
- Diversification to raise national aquaculture productivity
Santeh's move into farming of marine finfish and seafood marketing.
- Blue revolution with fish meal reduction
Solid State Fermentation enzymes can reduce fish meal inclusion. By Serge Corneillie and Keith Filer
- Extruded shrimp feeds : considerations for production
What can an extruder do that a pellet mill has a difficult time achieving? By Joseph P. Kearns
- Improving nutrient digestibility in juvenile sex-reversed red tilapia
Incorporating a fermentation metabolite product. By Wutiporn Phromkunthong
- New technologies for superior fish feed characteristics
Combining two new process technologies to achieve full feed control
- Importance of effluent treatment systems in India
This is sustainable farming without causing adverse impact to the environment and the ecosystem. By Vikash Kumar, Debtanu Barman and Sagar C Mandal
Industry Review - Tilapia in Asia
- Developments and trends in tilapia in Asia
There is continuing growth in tilapia production, brought about by genetic improvement, says Rafael D. Guerrero III
- Tilapia is gaining popularity in Vietnam
Focus on tilapia cage culture in the Mekong Delta
- Shopping Asian at ESE 2011
Asian producers target the European market with sustainable shrimp and fish
- New version 4 and industry updates at ESE
GlobalG.A.P’s Nigel Garbutt presented standards for any aquaculture operation worldwide
- National Young Scientist Aqua Conference 2011
- Farmer training in Indonesia / New appointments
- First International Acidifier Summit
- Mobile PCR lab for shrimp farmers
- Acquisitions / single cell protein
- New growth promoting products in Surat Thani/Auto feeder.
- World Aquaculture 2011, Natal
Aquaculture on track in Brazil, reports Eric Roderick.
- 9th AFAF and 9ISTA, Shanghai
Success with Better Science, Better Fish, Better Life in China
- Forthcoming events