Volume 5, Number 2 March/April 2009 MICA (P) 074/10/2008 ISBN 1793-0561
"AAP celebrates its 5th year in publication with a fresh new cover for 2009! And that's not all - readers can look forward to technological advances, breaking news and trends impacting the industry.We wish one and all the very best for 2009!"
- The Philippines and the white shrimp
Wilfredo G. Yap says that more needs to done by public and private sectors to bring shrimp production to 1994 level.
Industry Review - Marine fish in Malaysia
- Expanding marine fish culture in Malaysia
Trends, developments and opportunities with sustainable grow out and hatchery production methods by Khoo Eng Wah and Zuridah Merican
- Live tiger groupers in Penang
Success with large sized fingerlings at Penshrimp aquaculture in Penang. By Zuridah Merican
- Breeding the giant grouper and improving brood stock
At MAFPREC this is the focus after breeding success with eight other marine fish.
Focus on Food Safety
- "I am what I eat"
A description of a pilot project carried out by three companies in Vietnam to instill traceability and improve the value of catfish in international markets. By Xavier Bocquillet
- Fumonisins in fish
Effects are reduced growth of tilapia and catfish fingerlings and liver lesions. Biotransformation into non toxic products may be the answer by Karin Griessler and Pedro Encarnaí§í£o
- Extrusion of floating and sinking aqua feeds with indigenous ingredients
Changing operational variables in extrusion cooking will allow for the use of a wide range of ingredients. By Joseph P Kearns
- More than feed production
In Vietnam, Ocialis wants to be known for its holistic approach for a sustainable industry.
- Storage control for fish, offal and by-catch
The use of a blend containing potassium diformate to extend storage. By Christian Lí¼ckstí¤dt
- A new generation of natural aqua feed additives
Hervé Lucien-Brun looks at how natural essential oils promote growth and health of catfish.
- Diseases in scampi farming in India
The immense scope for scampi farming in India is being threatened by diseases. By Partha Bandyopadhyay and Sanjeev Bhambi
- World Aquaculture 2009
'Remembering the blue revolution to feed the world' in Veracruz, Mexico to be held from 25-29 May.
- Aova Thai, Alltech, Addcon, Shoreline Polychaetes Farms, Biomin, aspirator aerators, bead filters, pond PCR and vibrio detector
- World Fishing Exhibition VIGO'09 and events in 2009