Volume 8, Number 2 March/April 2012 MICA (P) 006/10/2011 ISBN 1793-0561
From the editor
- Wake up call for health management
- Food safety in Bangladesh/Aquaculture trade/Groupers in Asia
- News in brief
- Nursing white shrimp in cement ponds to day 55
In Thailand, Paisal Wongwasna innovates to increase yields with high density nursery rearing. By Soraphat Panakorn
- Effects of dietary yeast nucleotides on growth and nonspecific immunity of white shrimp
Shi Xian-wu, Lv Chi-bo and Wang Guang-jun show that supplementation gave better growth
- New shrimp feed extruder
New capabilities for shrimp feed and small diameter aquatic feeds production with this new design
- An evaluation of a formulated feed for the grouper
The slow sinking feed with 45.5% crude protein performed well in the laboratory, say Nguyen Van Nguyen, Nguyen Van Hao and Le Xuan Hai
- Effect of dietary potassium diformate on growth of milkfish
ADG increased by more than 13% for milkfish cultured in marine cages in the Philippines. By Christian Lí¼ckstí¤dt
- Fish protein hydrolysates on resistance of fish to different types of stress
These act directly on innate anti-oxidative and immune defences. By Mikaí«l Herault, Vincent Fournier, Magali Hervy and Nguyen Anh Ngoc
- The microalgae platform
Keith Filer asks if the future direction of microalgae be in functional nutrition?
- Maintaining health in white shrimp culture
Prevention of bacterial diseases and improvement in growth with a natural growth promoter. By Angela Riemensperger and Goní§alo Santos
- Probiotic in trout: effects on growth and gut
In this trial, Enric Gisbert and Marisol Castillo showed effects on intestinal mucosa and microbiota.
- Needs for responsible and sustainable cage culture
Industry in Malaysia examines the needs for a holistic approach to managing diseases and the environment.
Groupers in Asia
- Green groupers from Mindanao: KGMC in focus
Lauro Tito C. Ilagan describes the progress of grouper farmers to 200 cage modules and marketing to China.
- Family based industry in Malaysia
Opportunity with high prices for tiger and green grouper is hampered by low survival and fingerling shortage. By Zuridah Merican
- Asian seafood: changing trends
An active regional trade in seafood in 2011 with China as a major importer, say seafood market experts
- Food safety monitoring in China
The monitoring of pathogens and contaminants in aquatic foods in Shandong Province is important to China's food safety program
- Gourmet tilapia
Expanding tilapia production in Guangdong province and creating a seafood hub in Zhangjiang City.
- Strengthening the aquaculture business in Vietnam
- Regional experts in Asia Pacific aqua team
- Purchase of inline analysis systems/Aquafeed innovation awards
- Breakthrough in bioremediation in pond based aquaculture systems
- Australasian Aquaculture 2012 - 'The Next Ten Years'
- Aqua 2012 - Science responds to industry needs
- Extrusion short course and listing of events