Volume 12, Number 2 March/April 2016 MCI (P) 037/10/2015 ISBN 1793 - 056
From the editor
- Opportunities for aquaculture
- Aqua India 2016: Stakeholders' participation in shrimp aquaculture
- Indian shrimp aquaculture : Strategies for sustainable growth
To achieve projected growth, the shrimp hatchery and farming sector need more discipline and right strategies.
- Developing preventive feeding strategies to mitigate penaeid shrimp sensitivity to EMS
The prevention of EMS most likely requires a multi-factorial approach. By Stephane Ralite, Mathieu Castex and Dorothée Gotz.
- H2S toxicity - the silent killer
Soraphat Panakorn says it is time farmers realise that mortalities from hydrogen sulphide toxicity override that from other causes.
- Options for a recovery in shrimp production
Industry leaders suggest more understanding on EMS and EHP to SPR broodstock, reports Zuridah Merican
- Biocatalysis with an algae-clay feed additive paves the way for fish meal replacement in diets for the Nile tilapia
Better growth performance of tilapia with 5% fish meal inclusions. By Maarten Jay van Schoonhoven, Marie Gallissot and Jintasataporn Orapint.
- Application of mannan oligosaccharides in fish meal and fish oil free diets
This is to offset the negative impact of soybean meal and soybean oil as replacements. By Keith Filer
- 2016 Global Feed Survey
2% increase in global feed tonnage
- Efficacy of dietary organic acids as an alternative to antibiotics in tilapia farming
Wing-Keong Ng, Chik-Boon Koh, Nicholas Romano and Siti-Zahrah Abdullah show the beneficial impact of dietary organic acids.
Hatchery & Nursery
- Shrimp nursery technology: System design and management for cost-effective results
Part 1. Design considerations. By Craig Browdy, Peter Van Wyk, Chris Stock, Thomas R. Zeigler and Ramir Lee
- A genesis in Malaysia’s marine fish industry
A niche for supply of quality grouper juveniles By Zuridah Merican
- Supporting Asian aquaculture: Part 2
Presentations on biosecurity from the international scenario to the shrimp pond and EU retailer and consumer concerns at the 2015 DSM aquaculture conference.
Industry Review: Tilapia
- Certified to win more markets
China’s tilapia farms enhance their reach to the discerning European markets. By Donna Richardson
- Tilapia in India
Preparing for a future demand for fry and fingerlings
- New farms in Thailand and a hatchery in Bangladesh/ ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference
- New group in aqua and animal premix/Supporting aquaculture in India
- New Aquaculture Research Centre/ 2016 World Nutrition Forum
- Proven efficacy of clay and seaweed feed additive/New interactive website
- New feed mill for local production of shrimp feeds/ Bacterial toxin control product
- Tradeshow at Asia Pacific Aquaculture (APA 2016), April 26-29, Surabaya, Indonesia
- 11th ISTA at APA 2016
- Farm Tours at APA 2016