Volume 16, Number 2 March/April 2020 MCI (P) 010/10/2019 ISBN 1793 -056
From the editor
- Building alliances to improve productivity
- Record shrimp production from India
- Merger creates largest fully integrated barramundi enterprise
- The changing face of India’s shrimp aquaculture
Dealing with disease threats and moving forward at Aqua India 2020
- It is not just about exporting seafood
Although export volumes are up, MPEDA needs to address challenges in ensuring quality seafood from India and to diversify its seafood basket, says Chairman K S Srinivas.
- Understanding the Artemia
Biology, characteristics and processing technologies
Industry Review-Marine Fish
- Diversification into finfish aquaculture in India
MAC is a business model to push farming of alternative species in India. By Zuridah Merican
- Spearheading research in marine aquaculture in the region
Fast growing Asian seabass has reached commercialisation and RAS can be used to control hatchery environments to prevent big belly disease.
- First in milkfish farming in Malaysia
Usaha Fadzilat next looks at creating appetites for this novel fish among Malaysian consumers.
- L-selenomethionine: A powerful antioxidant for commercial fish culture
Trials with tilapia in Thailand showed increased performance and high protection against pathogenic pressure. By Brecht Bruneel
- Better growth performance with a multi-enzyme supplementation
Rutchanee Chotikachinda, Viviane Verlhac Trichet and Fidelis Fru say this allows for complete fishmeal replacement in diets for red tilapia and walking catfish
- Effect of a nutraceutical formulation on larval and juvenile stages of white leg shrimp
A faster metamorphosis from zoea-2 to PL11 and a better growth performance from PL12 to PL42 was achieved. By Phuong Viet Do, Tao Tai Chau, Audric Touchet, Gaetan Gutter, Philippe Mahl and Hoang Phan
Disease & Health Management
- Disease control by hyperthermia with non-lethal heat shock
The target is to boost the innate immunity and memory system of organisms to do the job of maintaining their homeostasis, says Alain Michel.
- Updates on EHP
A discussion on recent knowledge and some practical solutions, presented at the Infofish Shrimp 2019 conference.
- Bioengineered capture proteins for easy-to-interpret detection of disease targets
- Oral vaccines platform against Streptococcus in the tilapia
- Marketing Philippines shrimp globally
Some perspectives to market shrimp by Chingling Tanco at the 12th Philippines Shrimp Congress 2019
- Giant Prawn 2019
Bringing up giant freshwater prawn production in Asia to new levels with biotechnology and genomics.