Volume 3, Number 3 May/June 2007 MICA (P) 099/10/2006
- Thailand’s road map for certified organic black tiger shrimp production
The Department of Fisheries plans to increase production to 2,730 tonnes of organic black tiger shrimp in 2008. By Lila Ruangpan
- Black tiger shrimp in India
In Tamil Nadu, expansion is limited by environmental constraints and on its future sustainability. By Zuridah Merican
- Thailand’s shrimp revolution
James Wyban describes the key factors that drove this revolution in shrimp farming in Thailand.
- Interview: Raising the bar
Through High Health Thailand, James Wyban will bring up the quality of Thai shrimp to be the best in the industry. By Zuridah Merican
- Improving gut health and performance in fish/shrimp
How natural growth promoters can be used in modulating interactions with the environment and the development of beneficial immune responses. By Pedro Encarnaí§í£o
- Tilapia in Asia
Future challenges and strategies for a sustainable tilapia industry
As the trend will be to intensify culture, fish health management will play a larger role. By Neil Wendover, Brian Sheehan and Cedric Komar
- Tilapia - positive social impact as popularity grows
Tilapia’s role in improving rural food security. By David Little
- Marine cage culture of Tilapia
At Kwee Siong Fish Farm, tilapia is cultured in long net cages in the coastal waters off the North coast of Singapore.
- The genetic development of the tilapia
Eric Roderick describes the various breeds of tilapia under culture
- Tilapia 2007 Kuala Lumpur
To be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 23-25 August 2007, this follows the first comprehensive conference on tilapia in 2001.
- Effects of palm oil-based diets on fillet composition of red hybrid tilapia
A 100% substitution of marine fish oils with palm oil lipids did not significantly influence growth performance and yields. By Osan Maroof Bahurmiz and Wing-Keong Ng
- Asian seabass culture in India
RGCA to diversify aquaculture in India
- Marketing seafood for India’s tomorrow
PK Ramachandran, President of The Waterbase Ltd explains the moves in the seafood retail business of the company
- Asian Pacific Aquaculture 2007
To be held in Hanoi, Vietnam, there will a special producer program as well as a comprehensive technical program. A preview of some exhibitors is included.
- World Aquaculture 2007, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Research supporting 'science for sustainable aquaculture'
- VIV Asia 07
First with a focus on Aquaculture in Asia
- MOU for organic aquaculture in Malaysia
Four farms to participate in this Infofish/CFC program
- CATFISH 2007 Vietnam
A forum on the latest in the global catfish industry to be held from 13-15 June, 2007, Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
- From the Editor
- Company news
- Forthcoming events