Volume 8, Number 3 May/June 2012 MICA (P) 006/10/2011 ISBN 1793-0561
From the editor
- Relevant and Sustainable
New growth in India: The Changing Era
- News in brief
- Opinion article: Restructuring the supply chain
Ravi Kumar Yellanki says that the current system with brood stock imports affects quantity and quality of vannamei post larvae.
- Vannamei shrimp in India:feeding demand for post larvae
Good year with high prices but pace of growth must meet needs of farmers. By Zuridah Merican.
- A successful production of black tiger shrimp in the Philippines
Henry David L. Fong, Patricio Raphael, Henry K. Young, Amelyn Bravo, Olivier Decamp and Maryann Solis describe the steps for a production increase by 27% in HKY Farm in Negros.
- Centrifugal sifting in processing of oily aquaculture products
The change from vibratory to centrifugal screening netted a 60-fold screening improvement.
- The concept of NutriEconomics
Nutrition factoring nutritional and life sciences, micro- and macro-economics and environment optimised profitability for the pangasius in Vietnam. By Pedro Encarnacao and Goncalo Santos.
- Fighting disease on multiple fronts
Usually the first line of defense but choosing which beta-glucan to use is not so straight forward, says Ole Fretheim
- Enhancing fish immunity and nutrient absorption
A prebiotic in extruded feeds for the pangasius catfish improved health and growth rate. By Dhanunjaya Goud, Serge Corneillie and Fuci Guo.
Responsible and Sustainable Aquaculture
- Sustainability of the pangasius trade
The SEAT project, Pangasius and Action Research reach out to the Vietnamese and European ends of the value chain. By Douglas Waley, Richard Newton, Patrik Henriksson and Lam Phan Thanh.
- Towards sustainability:Vaccinated pangasius in Vietnam
A new beginning in Vietnam by Pham Cong Thanh and Jan Oppen Berntsen
- Future of pioneering shrimp farm at stake
The threat to this shrimp farming model integrated with mangroves is a nearby coal powered electricity plant.
- Expanding industry in India
Eric Roderick reports on the India International Seafood Show (IISS) 2012, Chennai.
- Innovations at FIAAP, VICTAM and GRAPAS 2012
Awards for feed and additives innovations during this show in Bangkok, Thailand.
- One-stop consulting model / biotechnological products for Asia
- Krill board ARK
- On farm responsible aquaculture program
- Update on Tars 2012 â€” Shaping the Shrimp Value Chain
- Future Fish Asia in Izmir, Turkey and listing of events