Volume 3, Number 6 November/December 2007 MICA (P) 096/10/2007
- The reality in producing disease free black tiger shrimp seed in India
Until disease free brood stock becomes available, the Indian shrimp farming industry needs to adapt to new practices to be more cost efficient. An opinion article by S. Chandrasekar
- A role model for shrimp farming in North Vietnam
Management practices at the black tiger and white shrimp farm of the BIM Seafood Group.
Focus on Aquafeeds in India
Some recent developments in the sector, based on contributions and information from industry.
By Zuridah Merican
- Shrimp feed: A tough yet moving industry
It continues to attract local and foreign investment, despite an annual production below installed capacity.
- Synergies within the Godrej Gold Coin Aquafeed Ltd
Viney Vatal, General Manager of the JV company GGCAL talks on this strategic tie up and building shrimp feed brands.
- Changing times with fish feeds
Freshwater fish farming is moving towards more intensive systems which require the use of commercially produced extruded or pelleted feeds.
- Plant derived feedstuff for freshwater aquaculture in India
In this article, the authors discuss feed management practices in semi-intensive polyculture of carps. The use of by-products of agriculture is suggested. By P. K. Mukhopadhyay and Gopa Mitra
- Turbot Farming in China
The emerging domestic market in China wants the salmon, turbot, halibut and sole. Companies like Seacul Turbot are expanding to meet this demand. By Arjen Roem
- Resolving ingredient bottlenecks, a must for sustainable aquaculture
During Asian Aquaculture 2007 in August, industry met to discuss how to move away from this necessity of using fish meal in aqua feeds. Some directions were provided during this workshop.
- Quo Vadis - Production and markets for farmed white fish in Asia Pacific
The future supply will be from white fish alternatives farmed in Asia Pacific. Will the barramundi emerge as the next white fish? By Jacques Gabaudan and Zuridah Merican
Biotechnology in shrimp culture
- Understanding the role of special microbes in shrimp culture
David J Drahos explains how a proven and natural method to solve specific problems in shrimp culture works.
- Tilapia 2007
More investment and trade opportunities at this INFOFISH organised meeting on Asia’s top aquaculture commodity.
- Company/Product news
Appointments, Positions, R&D in Aquaculture, Farming Solutions, Cage Culture, Antibacterial Coatings, Extruder book review etc.
- Victam Asia 2008 & Feed Ingredients & Additives Asia Pacific 2008, 5-7 March 2008, Bangkok, Thailand
- Forthcoming Events 2007