Volume 4, Number 6 November/December 2008 MICA (P) 074/10/2008
- Selective breeding of Pacific white shrimp
Shaun M. Moss, Dustin R. Moss, Steve M. Arce and Clete A. Otoshi discuss the shrimp breeding program in Hawaii's OI and work to optimize growth and survival of the shrimp.
- Sea bass seed production in Vietnam: Bridging the gap
Nha Trang University plays a bridging role. By Zuridah Merican
- Highly-digestible artificial feeds for shrimp larvae and postlarvae
Replacing live food with nutritionally balanced artificial feeds. By Roeland Wouters
- Review: Carotenoids in shrimp maturation and larval quality
The second part of this article discusses carotenoid sources for maturation diets. By Regunathan.
- Intestinal absorption and incorporation of protein in a carp and catfish
A better understanding of the absorption of amino acids and protein to develop the right formulation and feeding strategy. By Partha Bandyopadhyay
Focus on Cage Culture
- Marine fish in Vietnam
Nguyen Huu Dung describes the challenges for industry.
- Cobia in idyllic Central Vietnam
Nha Trang Pearls Ltd anticipates better returns with diversification and change in strategy in cobia culture. By Zuridah Merican
- Leading the charge in Malaysia
Blue Archipelago Bhd is bullish on the shrimp farming business in Malaysia
- Sustainable krill harvest
The technology key to secure sustainable harvesting by Maja Baevre-Jensen and Simon Wadsworth
- Innovation in a global market
Conference highlights at Skretting Australasian Aquaculture 2008, Brisbane.
- Innovation in marketing
The Australian aquaculture seafood industry needs to be creative and build capacity, says Roy Palmer.
- Case studies on aquaculture health in Australia
Bacillus probiotics in fish larval rearing in two farms in Australia by Olivier Decamp, Liz Evans, David Moriarty and M.J. van Schoonhoven
- Efficient oxygenation
Dennis L. Mast describes the technology for aeration with tiny bubbles to raise oxygen levels in fish ponds.
- Semi rigid netting to address industry concerns
- Early birds in the Aqua Pavilion at VIV Asia 2009
- Akva group, Pharmaq and Ewos open joint office in Vietnam
- Sac-Pac Fish Farm, Addcon, Alltech, GFT, Omega Protein, Lallemand, Novus and BFT group
- A large gathering of nutritionist at 7th SWCSNFFS, in Beijing in September
- Aquavision 2008, held in Norway.
- Book reviews
- Forthcoming events