Volume 9, Number 6 November/December 2013 MICA (P) 008/10/2013 ISBN 1793 -0561
From the editor
- The year in review - cause and effect
- Launch of Quarantine Facility/ Aquaculture in Vietnam in 2020/ China and shrimp
- Combating EMS
Karunanithi Muthusamy gives suggestions on how to reduce the impact of EMS and continue the crop to 70 DOC.
- Shrimp farming in Myanmar
The outlook for vannamei shrimp farming is better with potential areas and a new government policy, say Nyan Taw and Soe Tun.
- Shrimp handling methods
Alex Hing describes the use of equipment to harvest and transfer shrimp to increase operational efficiency with least damage to shrimp.
- Availability of amino acids in aqua diets
Part 2: The methionine case A comparison of efficiency of free amino acids sources verified in a simple trial. By Andreas Lemme, Claudia Figueiredo-Silva, Christoph Kobler and Stefan Mack.
- Developing feeds for recirculation systems in fish farming
R&D on performance feeds for RAS prepares industry for the future.
Freshwater Fish Culture
- Hybrid snakehead fish farming in China
Farming expanded with the hybrid snakehead but expansion is limited with dependence on local live fish markets. By Dong Qiufen, Peng Zhidong, Mei Gaoshang, Zhang Song and Yang Yong.
- Taking Asia's finfish aquaculture to the next level of development
TARS 2013 Part 2. The challenges in production, marketing and sustainability. Extracts of presentations show challenges in production technology and health management towards sustainability.
- Marketing farmed white fish
At TARS 2013, Christelle Vigot and Anton Rizki looked at positioning farmed whitefish and image building.
- Green premix plant in Vietnam/Appointment
- Health diet to improve immune defences of farmed fish
- Nutrifish 2013
- A selection on what to expect at the trade show during Asian Pacific Aquaculture 2013 in Vietnam
- Workshop on Biofloc Technology and Shrimp Diseases
- Fish International 2014/Events