Volume 13, Number 6 November/December 2017 MCI (P) 011/10/2017 ISBN 1793 -056
From the editor
- The year that was - lacklustre
- Stirring Vietnam's seafood industry
At Vietfish 2017, producers and exporters discuss trends and new market approaches
- What can functional feeds bring to tropical aqua farming?
Eric Leclercq, Sylvie Roquefeuil and Stéphane Ralite say that benefits of functional feeds become most visible when local farm conditions deteriorate.
- Pioneer shrimp farmers in Iran
Benedict Standen discusses some unique challenges in pond management.
- Innovative and intensive shrimp farming system in Vietnam
Biosipec is designed to reduce farming risks and environmental impact. By Zuridah Merican
- From Bali to global markets
PT Phillips has a steady supply of barramundi with community participation. By Zuridah Merican
- TARS 2017: Finfish Aquaculture - Strategies for Growth
Part 2: Production, health and environment
- TARS 2017: Performance feeds for the finfish aquaculture industry
- Low inclusions of krill meal spare fish meal in diets of juvenile white shrimp cultured under high salinity
Efficiency of fish meal-challenged feeds is enhanced, say Alberto J. P. Nunes, Hassan Sabry-Neto, Lena Burri and Esaíº Aguiar Carvalho.
- Genetic improvement and effective dissemination of improved Nile tilapia strain in Bangladesh
M. Gulam Hussain, AHM, Kohinoor, M. Moshiur Rahman, M. Zillur Rahman, Abdullah Al Masum and Nguyen Hong Nguyen discuss recent developments.
- Shrimp and tilapia genetics services at APA 2017
- E-commerce in aquaculture products & farmed seafood
This is the new route to market and is fast developing. By Norlyana Mohamad Termidzi
- Premium segment and innovation in seafood at SIAL China 2017
An insight into what consumers in a Tier 1 city in China demand in seafood.
Company News & Events
- Trade at APA 2017
- Launch of products for tilapia farming in Thailand
- One Disruption Dinner
- Launch of innovation in intensive shrimp farming in Vietnam
- A total aquaculture company/ Partnership in breeding program in Hawaii and Malaysia
- New innovation campus/ Hatchery Business Unit
- Full speed ahead into shrimp/Global partnership in Asia for GSSI
- Winner of G-Startup Indonesia 2017/ Appointments
- Asian-Pacific Aquaculture 2018
- Feeds & pet food extrusion 2018/ Aquafeed Horizons Asia 2018