Volume 14, Number 6 November/December 2018 MCI (P) 008/10/2018 ISBN 1793 -056
From the editor
- The year that was- challenging times and start-ups
- Meet the press at Aqua 2018
- News in brief
- The Thai shrimp model
Suraphol Pratuangtum and Soraphat Panakorn demonstrated a need to change at the farm and community level, to be more efficient.
- Investing for the future
Asia's shrimp aquaculture industry requires more investment in resources and R&D to improve production efficiency.
- Productivity in the supply chain
Genetics as a tool to develop a more targeted shrimp and approaches for sustainable nursery culture in Asia. By Zuridah Merican and Yvonne T Nathan.
- Integration and Supply Chain
Integration in the tilapia supply chain
As PTAN approaches 30 years as the leading tilapia producer, adapting to changing environments and market conditions are inevitable.
- Growing micro nutrition in Asian aquaculture
DSM invests more resources into its aquaculture portfolio to sharpen its competitive edge.
- Lessons from soccer - applied to microbiology
Benedict Standen takes the cue from soccer and says that multigenus rather than one single genus could be more effective in probiotic formulations.
- Era of disease, adapt or die!
Alexandre Veille says that industry needs to catch up fast with pathogen.
- Nutritional and health Interventions
Insights, knowledge and updates for farmers and feed producers, report Yvonne T Nathan and Zuridah Merican.
- íŸ-glucans: Innate immune system response in shrimp and fish
The strategy is to reduce mortality and improve productivity. By Melina Bonato and Liliana Borges.
- A South African success story: Insect meal and oil for global markets
A pioneer in waste to nutrient upcycling, AgriProtein is expanding laterally and vertically, by Zuridah Merican.
Freshwater Fish Culture
- Push for pangasius farming in China
The high demand for white fillet is driving its farming using high quality feeds. By Dong Qiu-Fen, Wu Tian-Pei, Peng Zhi-Dong, Zhang Tai-Zhuo and Wang Yao-Hua.
Company News & Events
- 8th World Nutrition Forum
- Study on krill meal/ ASC-VietGAP benchmark
- New shrimp hatchery product/Entry into Indonesian feed market
- Second premix plant/appointment
- Expanding R&D capabilities
- Acquisition in Ecuador
- Functional feed additives for aquaculture
- Show review - Aqua 2018