Volume 13, Number 5 September/October 2017 MCI (P) 011/10/2017 ISBN 1793 -056
From the editor
- Asian Financial Crisis and Finfish Aquaculture
- State of the finfish aquaculture industry in Asia
- In India, are we farming shrimp the right way?
Manoj M Sharma questions if farming practices are keeping up with intensification, from pond carrying capacity to waste discharge?
- Freshwater Prawn Culture
A young aquaculture entrepreneur in the making
Giva Kuppasamy is changing the industry in Malaysia with production of all-male giant freshwater prawn post larvae. By Zuridah Merican
- TARS 2017: Finfish Aquaculture - Strategies for Growth
- Hard Talk with Finfish Farmers
Three farmers openly share their business experiences and identify the weakest links in their supply chain.
Finfish Aquaculture - Part 1: Industry challenges
- Growing Indonesia’s finfish industry
- Challenges in China’s finfish farming
- A challenging marine finfish farming business in Malaysia
- Strategies with competition in the Mediterranean
- Moving up the whitefish ladder
- Measuring performance in formulation
David Serene describes a tool to measure feed performance and evaluate formulation process improvement.
- Proactive feeding for shrimp broodstock and larvae
Functional ingredients enhance shrimp immunity with better survival rates, say Aedrian Ortiz Johnson and Eamonn O’Brien
- Mycotoxin detoxification: Science vs Marketing
The challenge for a mycotoxin detoxifying agent is to reduce the intestinal absorption of mycotoxins. By Maarten Jay van Schoonhoven and Marie Gallissot
- Optimising productivity of copepod cultures as live feed
Live phytoplankton, enhanced with probiotics, substantially increased density per biomass. By Aurore Trottet, Rémi Maguet, Mathilde Richer de Forges and Guillaume Drillet
- Disease Management
Farming the barramundi alongside pathogens
Alain Michel recounts learning the hard way at an integrated farm in Indonesia.
- Leong Tak Seng describes symptom on several species of snappers in 2016.
- China's agenda in aquaculture
Stakeholders show the way forward with green technology, sustainability, aquaculture transformation and efficiency.
- Spotlight on Africa
At World Aquaculture 2017, new frontiers for economic growth. By Eric Roderick
Company News & Events
- Growing with customers in Africa
- Larger presence for aqua feed market leader in Africa
- Supporting Vietnam's aquaculture growth
- Adding value to African aquaculture/ Optimum dryer performance
- Support with talk on fish parasites/ Australian-focused website
- Launch of CJ Selecta
- APA17 - Connecting aquaculture in Asia
- Release of enhanced feed probiotic for shrimp farming
- 11th National Shrimp Congress