Volume 14, Number 5 September/October 2018 MCI (P) 008/10/2018 ISBN 1793 -056
From the editor
- A tale of two industries
- Need for change in Asia's shrimp aquaculture Industry
- Young shrimp farmers on new business and farming models, challenges and successes
Rising second generation shrimp farmers from the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand at TARS 2018, by Yvonne Nathan
- Recharging the shrimp farming industry in Indonesia
Organising to carry on the sustainability of shrimp farming, by Iffa Suraiya and Safiyra Dina
- Shrimp Aquaculture: Need for Change at TARS 2018
Part 1: Eyes on Indian shrimp farming; Science in shrimp farming in Vietnam; Challenges and opportunities in Ecuador; Disease threats and managing trigger points and Revival of the black tiger shrimp.
- Plant-based aquafeeds: Nutritional concepts for cholesterol and bile salt in the grouper and white shrimp
Yu-Hung Lin and Li-Chao Zhuo report on effects on molting relative gene expression in the white shrimp and lipid utilisation by the grouper.
- Managing challenges in offshore mariculture in Asia
Anwar Hasan gives an insight into challenges and the way forward with functional additives.
- Mitigation of Streptococcus agalactiae with immunostimulants
For long-lasting effects, dosages and administration times matter. By Loc Tran, Tanuttha Suyawanish and Philippe Tacon
Farming the crayfish in China
- Wang Yao-Hua, Xiao Hai-Dong, Dong Qiu-Fen and Zhang Song say that attention is now on extruded sinking feeds for higher growth performance in monoculture systems.
- Snail and grouper farming in Vietnam
Together, these are the second most lucrative aquaculture business after intensive shrimp farming, says Fernando Castro.
- Sexual cycle of the Asian seabass in oceanic salinity and high temperature conditions
Alain Michel says that oceanic salinity and high temperature conditions open the possibility for mating males and females of the same age.
- Continuously innovating shrimp farming
At PT Suri Tani Pemuka, research and improving collaborative services with partners.
Company News & Events
- Sponsor at TARS 2018/collaboration on feeding systems
- Natural free amino acids mixes
- A new vision for fish health in Southeast Asia
- Targeting fish immunity and natural defences through nutrition
- Diagnosis on four shrimp diseases simultaneously
- Partnership on pangasius health in Vietnam/Bioactive compounds
- Investments to combat shrimp disease/Appointments
- A new start for fish larvae and fry
- Innovative and sustainable nutrition
- ICAI 2018
- Asian Aquaculture 2018