Volume 3, Number 2 March/April 2007 MICA (P) 099/10/2006
Focus: Aquafeed production in Asia
- Intense competition leads to innovation
Production continued on its upward trend in 2006. Some market trends, expansion, consolidation in industry and outlook for 2007 are discussed by Zuridah Merican
- What they say
Top aquafeed producers from Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand give their views on the challenges ahead.
- Indaqua 2007: The promise of aquaculture in India
With production failures due to diseases and poor quality products, industry now looks at how to increase production volumes at Indaqua 2007 held in Chennai in January
- Indonesian shrimp: Piecing the puzzle
The debate was on how to resolve several technical issues relating to farming and marketing of shrimp. By Iffa Suraiya
- Internal physical properties of shrimp feed
Accurate and reproducible results for water stability can be obtained with a subjective method. By Joachim W. Hertrampf
- Practical nutrition of farmed tuna and pelagic finfish
Research continues to fine tune moist feeds for marine fish. By R.J. van Barneveld and M.E.Vandepeer
- Lipid and mineral nutrition in fish and shrimp revisited
At the 12th DSM Aquaculture conference, Bangkok, experts discuss health benefits of n-3 fatty acids, lipid and mineral requirements, larval feeds to the protection of lipids in fish meal and fish oils.
- A promising approach to stress reduction in aquaculture
Sjoerd Wendelaar Bonga and John Sweetman show how natural feed supplements can help to promote stress resistance in fish
- Mycotoxins, the often overlooked threat in shrimp farming!
Pedro Encarnaí§í£o looks at the threats of mycotoxins in feeds for shrimp
- Shrimp purchasing behaviour in Japan: A consumer survey
Jacques Gabaudan and Taro Saitoh said that the typical Japanese shrimp consumer is guided by the price, freshness, size and colour of the product.
- Catfish 2007 VIETNAM
Catch this conference on the new ‘tiger’ in the global seafood market.
- Aquafair 2006
An inaugural show for Malaysia’s ornamental fish industry, held in November 2006
- Trade at Indaqua 2007
Products and services to help overcome current problems in production to certification of products
- Eurotier 2006, Hanover
Insight into European fish production
- Vannamei shrimp: Should industry in India follow the rest of Asia?
The opinion presented in this article is that India should stick to the knitting and retain its global lead in black tiger shrimp production.
- Vietnam to host Asian Pacific Aquaculture 2007
There will be a special session for Vietnamese producers
- From the Editor
- Company news
- Product news
- Forthcoming events