Volume 6, Number 4 July/August 2010 MICA (P) 028/10/2009 ISBN 1793-0561
- From the editor
Catfish versus Catfish/Tilapia 2010
- News in brief
Health and Biosecurity
- The proactive way to live with WSSV
There is still no zero exposure to WSSV even with a rigid biosecurity system at a farm in the Philippines say Roselyn Usero and Leobert D. de la Peí±a
- Responsible use of drugs in Vietnamese pangasius farming
Industry needs a holistic approach for disease management to be sustainable. By Cedric Komar and Dang Thi Hoang Oanh
- Energy partitioning for white shrimp fed rendered animal proteins
A poultry by-product meal replacing fish meal did not affect the digestive process of shrimp. By Jorge A Suí¡rez, Gabriela Gaxiola, Sergio Nates and Gerald Cuzon
- Yeast in aquaculture from nutrition to well-being
Philippe Tacon and Eric Auclair discuss the role of yeast in aquaculture.
Industry Review - Freshwater fish/prawn
- Indian freshwater fish farming: moving to soy-based extruded fish feeds
P. E. Vijay Anand, Michael Cremer and G. Ramesh describe the evolution of this new business sector using soy-based extruded floating fish feeds in India.
- Making a difference in Thailand
Small margins in freshwater prawn farming require caution in production and the ability to innovate. By Soraphat Panakorn and Zuridah Merican
- Thailand’s vannamei aquaculture: From 2009 to Q1 2010
Dhanapong Sangsue says that production of Thai shrimp has reached its maturity.
- Pond mesocosm hatchery for blue swimmer crabs
This is the new system developed in Malaysia to maintain optimal culture conditions.
- Unleashing the potential of six tropical species for the French market
Unique species debut in French market with help of top chefs. By Zuridah Merican
- Certification and sustainable aquaculture at the ESE 2010 in Brussels
- ASC - The fruition of Aquaculture Dialogue standards
An interview with CEO Philip Smith as the standard holding body gears up for the certification process
- First certification in tilapia and pangasius
GlobalGap announces first experiences in certification of these two species.
- MDU technology for shrimp feeds
- New website/MSC Certification
- Aquaculture discussion at 26th Alltech Symposium on Animal Health and Nutrition
- Fast separation of freshly hatched nauplii/ BAP Certification Standards for feed mills
- Book review
- Aquaculture at Ildex Vietnam 2010
- International Conferences on Indonesian Aquaculture and Shrimp Aquaculture 2010