Volume 9, Number 2 March/April 2013 MICA (P) 008/10/2012 ISBN 1793 -0561
From the editor
- EMS-growing pains in shrimp farming
- Self-regulation against EMS
Thai shrimp industry come together in Suratthani
- Successful production in semibiofloc in Indonesia
The Aquaculture Experience Farm's hybrid system gave an average output of 20 tonnes/ha. By Agus Saiful Huda, Junaedi Ispinanto,Fauzan Bahri and Olivier Decamp.
- Out of season shrimp
Perspectives on vannamei shrimp farming in North Vietnam. By Zuridah Merican
- An effective nutritional way to reduce skin parasites in amberjack and yellowtail
Serge Corneillie, Kei Nakayama and Midori Funaki show the effects of a feed additive.
- Extrusion of fresh water fish feeds
Joe Kearns shows that this starts with species specific formulations and ends with dryers for precise final product specifications.
- Formula optimisation
Formulation software with a new tool optimises new ingredients and additives. By Bruno Duranthon and Stephane Ralite
- 2013 Global Feed Survey
Survey says that Asian production grew by 13% within a year
- Tilapia in Asia: more production in 2012
Product repositioning is required as it morphs from a food crop for the masses to that tailored for retail markets.
- Tilapia in North Vietnam
In the Red River Delta of North Vietnam, the main farming system is polyculture with carps.
- Marketing the 'Taiwan tilapia'
Peter Chiang describes the image building and branding for a fish treasured by industry.
- Herbal therapy in fish farming
A long road but will lead to safer products and more sustainable aquaculture
- Therapeutic alternatives in aquaculture: Phytotherapy, ethnobotany and fish pathology
Valorisation herbal therapy in fish health management in Indonesia by Domenico Caruso, Angela Maria Lusiastuti, Taukhid, Lili Sholisha, Jacques Slembrouck and Marc Legendre
- The Nemo Project: four years on
Investigating the capabilities of beta-1,3/1,6-glucan and its application in aquaculture.
- Korean aquaculture
Four decades of expansion, intensification and diversification, by Jeong-Yeol Lee developments.
- Better market access for Bangladesh shrimp
A workshop on EU and US standards for aquatic products.
- Rebuilding the industry in Indonesia
Iwan Sutanto on market challenges and increasing domestic consumption
- Purified enzyme against fumonisins & Book review
- Vision for Thai marine aquaculture
- Taiwan/India technology transfer & building an aqua health leader
- JV in shrimp farming in Thailand & Brazil as next seafood powerhouse
- Asian Pacific Aquaculture 2013,Vietnam
- 4th Aquatech Aquaculture, Philippines