Volume 7, Number 3 May/June 2011 MICA (P) 008/10/2010 ISBN 1793-0561
- From the editor
- Issues and controversy in pangasius industry/better year for shrimp in Indonesia
- News in brief
- Seeing returns in a North Malaysian shrimp farm
Science and experience merge to produce healthy shrimp. By Zuridah Merican
- BMP in shrimp farming: The success story in Surat
Manoj M. Sharma demonstrates that key to steady success is best management practices.
- New heights for Betagro’s aqua feeds by 2012
An interview with Dr Nopporn Vayuchote and Worrawut Vanitkulbodee in Bangkok.
- The use of microarray technology in fish
Keith Filer says this is to study gene expression during adaptations and nutritional responses to diet changes.
- Making strides in aquaculture with natural trace minerals
Growth effects of a certified organic trace mineral booster in juvenile tilapia. By Damon Fodge, Sarapong Rattanagulvaranon and Nguyen Thi Minh Huong
- Pangasius catfish in India
Two industry leaders are moving ahead with feeds and fillet processing, respectively.
- Vietnam: Pangasius production and exports in 2010
In 2010, the country produced 1.14 million tonnes, reports Le Thi Ngoc Diep.
Responsible and Sustainable Aquaculture
- Pangasius: a fight between actual and perceived sustainability.
A commentary by Flavio Corsin
- Q&A on sustainability
Ocialis’ Stéphane Ralite says there is no choice for aquaculture.
- Responsible sourcing of farmed products
Valeska Weymann and Mario Velasco explain GlobalGap’s new cycle of aquaculture certification
- Prevention, verification and cooperation in food safety
A proactive way to prevent food safety problems with aquaculture products, says the team from U.S. FDA’s Centre of Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.
- Transforming aquaculture production
Experts give their views at the conference on ‘Culture Quality Seafood’ in Bangkok.
Company /Product News
- Larger dryer production facility/New shrimp post larvae feeds.
- Creating a superbrand - the KFC story.
- New growth promoting products in Surat Thani/Auto feeder.
- Aquatic Asia & VIV Asia 2011, March 9-11, Bangkok
Moving from feed to fish in this first edition.
- Forthcoming events