Volume 5, Number 6 November/December 2009 MICA (P) 028/10/2009 ISBN 1793-0561
From the editor
- Review 2009 - Were we relatively unscathed?
- A successful Asian-Pacific Aquaculture 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- News in brief
- Creating value for vannamei shrimp in Asia
The selective breeding program of Global Gen in Lombok integrates genetics with environment. By Zuridah Merican
- Optimizing the application of a novel feed additive in Pangasius catfish farming
Alexander van Halteren, Vo van Phong, Nguyen Van Lam, Huyen Dieu Nguyen and Peter Coutteau show how a digestibility enhancing additive in the feed improves utilisation and fillet yield.
- Breakthrough in extruded shrimp feeds
The production of smaller diameter feeds with heavier densities at higher capacities.
- Marine fish aquaculture in Southeast Asia
The role of ASA-IM in South East Asia is not only through aqua feed but also by improving conditions of culture by Lukas Manomaitis
- Streptococcal diseases in farmed tilapia
The dominant pathogen of tilapia has two distinct Biotypes and vaccination trials indicate that immunity is Biotype-specific. By Brian Sheehan, Lauke Labrie, Yeng-Sheng Lee, Wee Keng Lim, Felicia Wong, Jasmine Chan, Cedric Komar, Neil Wendover and Luc Grisez
- Diseases in catfish farming in India
The culture of sutchi catfish is plagued by severe disease problems and raises the question of food safety and sustainability. By A.K.Singh, K Phani Prakash and W.S.Lakra
- Nitrifiers and denitrifiers - Myths and Facts
Recent research also shows that a newly discovered group of single-celled microorganisms that are not bacteria are important nitrifiers. By David J.W. Moriarty
- Consumer behaviour in purchasing Pangasius catfish in Spain
José Ferní¡ndez Polanco, Ladislao Luna and José Luis Ferní¡ndez show that Spanish consumers do not have a good knowledge of the product and its origin.
- Barramundi in Vietnam
LiG Products, Vietnam started with the development of the Asian sea bass brood stock and hatchery production and began exporting fish to the US by 2007.
- Fish supply in the Arab States
The first of a two part series on the development of fisheries and aquaculture in the Arab World. By Izzat H. Feidi
- Cargill/ Skretting/Addcon
- Dream team in Malaysia
- The Inve Group is set for growth in China and expands R & D
- At WA 2009, Veracruz, Mexico/Ocialis
- In 2010, Australasian Aquaculture, Aquaculture Europe, Victam Asia and Aquafeed Horizons
- Listing of events in 2010