Volume 2, Number 5 September/October 2006 MICA (P) 094/10/2005
- The current status of giant freshwater prawn production in India
S.Chandrasekar, Julius Edward and Victor Suresh discuss the constraints limiting the development of scampi.
- Organic Aquafeeds: Functional nutrition through an organic protein source
Daniel F Fegan explains the challenges to developing feeds for organic aquaculture.
- Lessons for a technically efficient and sustainable industry
At CAA2, the industry looked at the growth in marine fish farming, accelerated in the last few years.
- Disease prevention and health management at CAA2
A summary of research on diseases affecting the grouper, snapper, pompano, yellow croaker and cobia in China and Southeast Asia.
- Developing vaccines against WSSV
Can there be a possibility on vaccination against WSSV with recent trials? By Rajeev Kumar Jha, Zi Rong Xu, Maddur Lingappa Umashankara
Shrimp Health Management
- Shrimp Health Management Workshop 2006
The science and interactions between the shrimp and the pond ecosystem, critical for proper shrimp health management is explained.
- Q&A on shrimp physiology and pond environment
Dan Fegan answers questions from participants
- An artisanal point of view
In Bali, Wira Chayadi Wangsa has achieved consistently high yields of the white shrimp Penaeus vannamei in the last four years. By Iffa Suraiya.
- Using science to drive black tiger shrimp culture
This two-part article on how a team in the Philippines develops the right protocols to restore operations and achieve consistent harvests of black tiger shrimp Part 1: A description of rehabilitation works and planning operations by Zuridah Merican
- The ASA Feed Technology and Nutrition Workshop
Aquafeed technologists look at fish meal replacements to feed probiotics
- Fish Meal: some issues and solutions for feed companies in Asia
- Soy based feeds for the freshwaterand marine fish
Current progress with soy based feeds in China by Michael Cremer
- Chinaï¿½s growing seafood market
The demand for seafood is fuelled by the fast growing Chinese middle class and with increasing disposable incomes. By Peter Redmayne
- ASEAN Shrimp Alliance
The aim is to have common standards for shrimp exports from ASEAN countries and tackle problems of trade barriers.
- Joint venture in aquafeed business in India
A JV for Gold Coin Group and Godrej Agrovet Limited (GAVL) to consolidate their aqua feed businesses in India
- Malaysia opens up more land
This is part of the plan to increase shrimp production to 180,000 tonnes by 2010.
- From the Editor
- Company news
- Product news
- Forthcoming events